SELL VOL 2 BOOKS : GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Buy, Swap and Sell goods here.
captainch
Favourite Vehicle: was 3533 m/o 687

SELL VOL 2 BOOKS : GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Post by captainch »

Please note that coming OCTOBER vol 2 IN THE SERIES of BUS/COACH BOOKS by TONY FINNERAN & CAPTAINCH this book features buses featuring wrap around adds the pre order cost is $55 plus $13.50 postage & a voluntary donation of $10 which is split between tonys charity the STROKE foundation & the Vietnam vets bus on the central coast, VOL 1 GAVE EACH GROUP A LARGE DONATION the are still only a couple of vol 1 books left at the transport for NSW SHOP SITE COSTING $ 79.95 & POSTAGE. ...........................TP PRE ORDER VOL 2 GO TO ............www gbnf.com.au & thank you for your support hopefully there will be THE RISE AND FALL OF AUSTRALIAN EXPRESS COACHES followed by Rural Buses & who knows! any other questions please P.M me! :roll: Regards CAPTAINCH!
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
captainch

Re: SELL VOL 2 BOOKS : GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Post by captainch »

Thank you to those people how are supporting us in our second book and have pre-ordered! :D
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
captainch

Post by captainch »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi everyone,

It's Tony Finneran with my co-author Ray Boddenberg and apologies for using this address as a direct marketing opportunity to you.
1.png
1.png (224.67 KiB) Viewed 3873 times

I would like to advise you of our second book "Gone but not Forgotten - Australia's All Over Advertising buses and coaches", which will be available around mid Oct. We are waiting for a very prominent Australian to write our foreword. Details are at http://www.gbnf.com.au.

The soft cover book will sell for RRP $85.00 and is now over 260 pages, indexed and in full colour. We will do a Pre-Order Sale (ending 26 Sep 15) for $55.00 plus P&H of $13.50. Also we have implemented an optional levy of $10 per copy as an additional fundraising activity for the National Stroke Foundation (NSF) and also the Vietnam Veterans and Peacekeeper Association (Central Coast- VVPA), but this is a voluntary option and if you are not comfortable with it then we don't expect you to add it to the payment.

Bulk orders over 5 books will be given discounted rates, please contact us and we can advise the levy reduction.

Printing costs and the exchange rate have impacted on the cost of production. However, it will remain proudly Australian made and the quality feel will be identical to GBNF Sydney.

There are only 300-400 copies expected to be produced, as it has been funded at our own cost. Get in early please to ensure that you don't miss out.

There is a $10 donation per book to the NSF and VVPA, 100% of the levies received will be split between the two fundraiser recipients. Most of you know that that Tony had a severe stroke in Easter 2013 and the book wouldn't have been finalised without help, so please give a huge thanks to Amanda for pulling it altogether for us. Ray is also quite ill at the moment and your support to him with this project will give him great comfort.

Over 370 All over adverts, over 115 operators, over 60 chassis makes and models and over 50 bodybuilders are represented. As you know often the same bus was used for multiple ads over the years.

Thanks to the contributions from many of you with content and images to make the book one that we are quite proud of to be on your bookshelf or library!

Please order of the website: gbnf.com.au , so that we can receive all of your details.

Nambus is the front cover because it has a personal meaning for Ray and the rear cover of the FAST Stroke Bus, provided by Transdev is relevant to Tony. Thanks to Pete Kane and NSF for the respective images.

At this stage we are looking for pre order numbers of the books in soft cover, that you may require. Payments will be dealt with later, once the book is printed, as per the process used for GBNF Sydney.

No Hard Covers will be available in this edition.

Should any clarifications be required, then please use the Gmail address gbnfbook@gmail.com All orders please use the website.

For anyone interested, TfNSW On Line shop had 28 remaining copies of GBNF - Sydney, when we last checked. They're the only copies left.

Best regards,

Tony Finneran & Ray Boddenberg
captainch

Post by captainch »

BIG THANK YOU TO ALL WHO HAVE SO FAR ORDERED...........................we are now up to 150 books and going strong with the support of transitgraphics transport for nsw the R.A.H.S.redfern book shop & ALCO world JUST TO NAME A FEW PLUS bus lovers! so this is also helping 2 great causes close to our hearts! again "THANK YOU" :D
Last edited by captainch on Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Glen

Post by Glen »

captainch wrote:hopefully there will be THE RISE AND FALL OF AUSTRALIAN EXPRESS COACHES
As part of my work in the early 1980's I used to have to gather interstate express timetables which I still have, somewhere, if that helps. Feel free to P.M. me.
Denv12

Post by Denv12 »

When are the coach books available? And how much? I think I pre ordered the coach book or at least one of them?
captainch

Post by captainch »

THE FIRST BOOK GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN was printed a couple of months ago and theres prob 20 hard copies left at transport for NSW book shop. the 2nd book bus with advertising is just on its way to the printers this book will be a soft cover book & will be available early oct ,the coach book is just getting underway, for those ppl who don't know both tony & MY SELF HAVE MEDICAL PROBLEMS & are doing this in what spare time we have inbetween medical appointments! e.mail us at the gone but not forgotton website quoted in posts above! thanks tony/ray.we are up to 284 copies e have 15 left for orders then off to printers!middle of next week! :D

Return to “Buy / Swap / Sell”