Mobitec Destination Sign?

Buy, Swap and Sell goods here.
NOOSABUSES

Mobitec Destination Sign?

Post by NOOSABUSES »

I have a mobitec icu 400 controller with usb slot. I start it up but it gets to desto page and briefly shows depot.before asking me to press blue button which seems to reboot unit.. it does this over and over again. I have both plugs at back of unit one being power (green) and the blue one which i am guessing is the output to signs. Is there anyone on this board who has previously had a set up with mobitec controller and sign to work outside of a bus. or is there anyone who knows where and how i could get a sign and connect up to my unit. it has already been connected and converted to use 240v house power into 24 v. I am sure there are people in the know on this forum and in queensland who might offer help... all i want is to get a working sign and also have the ability of programing more destinations. I know when buses have serious accidents or are refubished they must do something with old mobitec signs even old one would be great if i got it working. I think it is because of sign missing the unit is not staying on.. maybe there is an electronics expert who might even know how to fool the control unit to think i have a sign plugged in and work that way.. Please anyone who reads this and might be able to offer assistance or advice or even point me to where i can find a second hand sign to try to connect or even help me out. Please step forward now :) please help me if you can
yoda

Re: Mobitec Destination Sign?

Post by yoda »

If it's anything like others I've looked at there is likely to be more than one power line.

Generally you have a 'memory' positive, 'ignition' positive and earth.
Eveleigh_Man

Post by Eveleigh_Man »

If it looks like this at the back, the blue port is used for up dating software via another device.
bz_2014-08-17 11.36.05.jpg
rage - The best music video program
http://abc.net.au/rage
denningdd
Favourite Vehicle: Denning D/Deck 892

Post by denningdd »

If it continually reboots its probably the memory stick, i used to program these things and that happenned untill i got a mobitec usb then problem solved, they can be very temremental!
Justalad

Post by Justalad »

how you go with getting a sign and setting up the ICU400
I may be able to help
NOOSABUSES

Post by NOOSABUSES »

sent you pm Justalad... sorry taken so long but hope you can help are you in queensland?

Return to “Buy / Swap / Sell”