• Advertisement

Purpose of this Section?

Buy, Swap and Sell goods here.

Purpose of this Section?

Postby Volvo B12BLEA » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:51 pm

I have always been under the impression that this section was for individuals who wanted to Buy/Sell or Swap a particular item and not for Companies/Business to sell bulk items via Salesmen or themselves.

We have had people registering and then selling mobile phones & other electronic gear and we currently, at time of writing this, some one flogging off mobile phones.
This has happened before and they have been deleted.

We also have a guy flogging off Oils/Lubricants on behalf of a business.

I personally think this practise should be stopped ASAP, after all this is a Discussion Forum not a Classified Ads hosting Forum.
Any posts are my views or opinions and are NOT on behalf of any Organisation.
Volvo B12BLEA

Favourite Vehicle: Rail and Ships / Boats.

Postby 3805 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:04 pm

I totally agree, and second this motion.

Postby J1 Rasberrycoke (J1R) » Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:34 pm

as you can see the mobile phones is not a user posted item, but a spam bot, you can ban em from posting, but that isn't going to stop em!

the oils is a different issue, you can tell the user is real due to the replys, now it is hard to comment, but then again if you are a bus enthusiast with a real bus then you should already know the products that are on the market and not have to have some random company telling you what to buy!
First ever passenger on J1 J1C 265 T217 RZ6 RZ8 N224 N122 521 522 173 E1 N206
Last ever passenger 112 124 T255 236 266 282 402 420
on first RZ5
on last 275
J1 Rasberrycoke (J1R)

Postby 2MSJ » Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:38 pm

I can assure you the topics relating to the selling of those mobile phones will be attended to as soon as an administrator logs on and sees them.
Cadet Coach Captain

"Who the **** is Windy?"
2MSJ

Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz O500

Postby Fleet Lists » Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:58 pm

They have gone but I am also concerned about http://www.busaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22013 although I know that Andrew gave it an OK.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Postby Volvo B12BLEA » Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:07 pm

Fleet Lists wrote:They have gone but I am also concerned about http://www.busaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22013 although I know that Andrew gave it an OK.

It should go as well as it is a Salesman trying to flog off a Companies product.
Volvo B12BLEA

Postby boronia » Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:26 pm

I think this section should be for members selling things that are relevant to the transport enthusiast hobby, or links to other people selling such things.

Although the subject of oils may be relevant to transport, I think it comes outside the scope of "hobby" and is pointless here.
The Sydney Classic and Antique Truck (and Bus) Show
On again June 2019
@ The Museum of Fire.
boronia

Favourite Vehicle: Dennis

Postby The Inspector » Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:46 pm

boronia wrote:Although the subject of oils may be relevant to transport, I think it comes outside the scope of "hobby" and is pointless here.

So those whom own preserved buses dont deserve the opurtunity to find oils for their buses that may be a better quality and more important, save them some money?

If I owned a bus I know I would appreaciate being informed of other oils on the market besides what I already know about.
Has AdMet CB80 fever
The Inspector

Favourite Vehicle: PMCSA Volvo B59

Postby newcastle_man_2 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:46 pm

I am ok with stuff related to Transport, but not mobile phones. i think we should stop bagging the crap out of people who are trying to run a decent business, he's not hurting anyone, no one is being forced to buy anything and if you don't like it there is no need to read or post in reply to him.
Proud member of the NGTN since 2007 - quality scoops guaranteed!
newcastle_man_2

Postby pacific_blue » Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:31 am

I’m new to this forum, but oil seems pretty damn essential to transportation and lets face it there is a lot of crap on the market even from the majors these days. A lot of oil is now being sourced from Malaysia and its interesting to read some of what this guy has to say. He has his own section in the forum and just like TV ya can always switch to something else if ya don’t like whats on the box. lol
pacific_blue

Postby DBL » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:59 am

The Inspector wrote:So those whom own preserved buses dont deserve the opurtunity to find oils for their buses that may be a better quality and more important, save them some money?

If I owned a bus I know I would appreaciate being informed of other oils on the market besides what I already know about.

As the owner of a number of preserved buses I believe it is relevant to our transport interest to have a section on this Discussion Board where related products can be mentioned and discussed. I know items like oils will not interest everyone however some of us do have to buy the stuff to keep our buses running. I find postings on related products such as oils to be relevant to my transport interest.
DBL - Preserving some of our bus heritage such as ex BCC 241 Leyland Worldmaster, ex MTT (Adelaide) 907 jumbo Worldmaster and ex MTT (Perth) 344 Guy Arab half cab.
DBL

Postby Volvo B12BLEA » Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:49 pm

Just to clarify something, I don't have a problem discussing oils / lubricants etc but they should have their own section.

Maybe discussing Oils, Lubricants & other Mechanical stuff could have a section called "On the Road", where all things mechanical about preserving / running buses could be discussed.
Volvo B12BLEA

Postby newcastle_man_2 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:33 am

Why? Buy Swap Sell doesn't get a lot of posts anyway and I'm pretty sure it was designed for anything transport related that was to be Bought, Swapped or Sold
Proud member of the NGTN since 2007 - quality scoops guaranteed!
newcastle_man_2

Postby turbom » Wed May 30, 2007 5:46 pm

I don't get what T Tran's problem is the fellow selling the Oil seemed to be very infomative answered all your question's also explained why he was using the forum. Give him a break you D%#KHEAD T Tran maybe you should get away from the computer for a while it appears to be frying your brain.
Due to Defective Brakes, The next train does not stop at this platform, intending passengers should board this train by running down the platform. Doors may not be open.
turbom

Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes 0405NH

Postby Andrew » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:39 pm

We've had people/businesses on here advertise their ability to service gearboxes and so on in the past, which didn't draw any ire - I don't see the harm in a user of the board advertising something for sale, after all, that's what this section of the board is about be they a person or other entity. If the post is informative, explicit in its subject and relevant to the purposes of this board then what's the problem? If you don't want to buy oil for a bus, then don't read the thread.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby Windy » Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:56 am

I agree with The Inspector and Turbom and Andrew and their stance on the "Oil Guy". I am a co-owner in a bus and would be interested in hearing about discussions about suitable oil for a horizontal Leyland 680 engine, and Bowman's St Marys desto rolls or similar things.
Windy

• Advertisement

Return to Buy / Swap / Sell