Notification of QLD updates

Post, sightings, new vehicles, withdrawals, any changes to bus fleets here.
PAQ12

Notification of QLD updates

Post by PAQ12 »

To all those who assist in providing information regarding QLD private operator fleet additions/changes/withdrawals in Queensland, due to the new format fleet lists which is now sourced from a database (and therefore updated in a database), if you could (where possible), please provide as much information, including the registration number of the bus in each post too would be very appreciative, as when updating, the registration number of the bus is what is used to update information.

Where possible, but also very appreciative, if the following format could be used:
rego number (for normal 3 * 3 regos, if a space can seperate the numbers & letters (ie: ABC 123 rather than ABC123). If the bus is listed with a ? mark for registration number, just put down the ? mark.
if a bus is being reported new (or even alterations and no depot listed), and there are numerous depots, please provide the depot (ie, sunbus/surfside)
if the bus has a special livery, AOA or is in the TransLink livery, please provide so

We do appreciate the efforts people do in posting such fleet information, but with this new system, if your able to help us, we are able to help you faster by having as much information available sooner. This is also very helpful that when updating, we can just copy/paste rather than having to edit or manually type information.

As for Brisbane Transport, how the information is provided is sufficent as the database is not reliant on registration search.

Thankyou :)
For all your printing needs, think Print Arana - visit www.printarana.com.au or phone 1300 866 593

Formally Known as "BT Buses"
PAQ12

Re: Notification of QLD updates

Post by PAQ12 »

Commencing next month (April), i'm going to trial a one thread topic only to cover all of the private operators in QLD, still using the preferred example above. This is more so to see if this will be easier on the eyes (and the hand to not have to click back and forth of topics and pages to do updating).

I am hoping that this will make it easier, but will provide more details prior to making initial thread in the next day or so.
For all your printing needs, think Print Arana - visit www.printarana.com.au or phone 1300 866 593

Formally Known as "BT Buses"
Volvo B12BLEA
Favourite Vehicle: Rail and Ships / Boats.

Post by Volvo B12BLEA »

Any email or PM updates to the Private Operator Fleets are to be sent to BusPicsQLD please.
Any posts are my views or opinions and are NOT on behalf of any Organisation.
Hornibrook

Post by Hornibrook »

G'day.

Have been kindly granted access to the Update Facility to help out BPQ with the updates. First to be updated is Surfside Bus Lines with the help of SM247 which has made it alot easier than going through the fleet changes for the last couple of months!
Sb617

Post by Sb617 »

Theres a backlog of Sunbus Queensland fleet changes (for all depots) to go through I believe. New buses, transfers, withdrawals and so forth needs to be corrected.
Unless stated otherwise, comments that are posted above are those of my own only, and are not those of any company or organisation.
Hornibrook

Post by Hornibrook »

Arnzy wrote:Theres a backlog of Sunbus Queensland fleet changes (for all depots) to go through I believe. New buses, transfers, withdrawals and so forth needs to be corrected.
Will get updated later on. The only Sunbus update I did was 890 from SUR to SUN.
Hornibrook

Post by Hornibrook »

Update:

Surfside & Sunbus have now been updated. Still noting the Livery of some Sunbus buses at the moment.
Hornibrook

Post by Hornibrook »

I have started adding the historic lists such as

Bay Bus & Coach, Gregs, National Bus Company ect. to the database. It will hopefully be up there in the coming days! Also, I have decided rather than produce historic lists on BBO, I will add them to the ever growing ATDB database! It will include such operators as - Bayside, Redlands BS & Transport, Inala BS, Sunnybank BS, Centenary BS and more.
Hornibrook

Post by Hornibrook »

Hi.

Some updates today -

Westside Bus Company has been updated (new buses, new gen, livery)
Sunbus has been updated (Some fleet numbers have been added, and some others which required minor changes).
Hornibrook

Post by Hornibrook »

Polley's Coaches of Gympie has been fully updated. Was emailed a current list yesterday.
Hornibrook

Post by Hornibrook »

Howdy.

Some historic lists have been added which include -

Inala Bus Service
Redlands Bus Service

And Bayside Bus Lines which should be added soon, as well as South Western Suburban Transit (next week when FL gets back!)

:)

http://www.busaustralia.com/fleetlists/ ... search=INA
http://www.busaustralia.com/fleetlists/ ... search=RED
Hornibrook

Post by Hornibrook »

Hi.

I have been going through some old posts and received some info which includes -

Two buses at Sunstate Coaches where a rego & gen was added.
Bus Link - Various list - some buses have been withdrawn (Volvo B59's), whilst the others (100 odd) have had the depots added so it now reads - Kunda Park, Noosa, Coolum and Caloundra.
Removed the depots of buses in the Coast & Country list, waiting for confirmation. As I learnt that they have purchased a Kingaroy operation so that allocation was incorrect.
Crips's at Stanthorpe had numerous buses which were above the legal age to operate in Queensland.
Some corrections to Wills Bus Service. This list is very out-of-date any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Plus some minor changes!
Hornibrook

Post by Hornibrook »

Hello,

I have found another conversion issue, sort of a big one, some notes like 'ex XXX, QLD' ect are missing from some lists, Kangaroo Bus Lines was a biggy but I have found some buses in PRT and WBC which are missing info, I am going back to the last updated .htm file of these and correcting them!
BusNut79

Post by BusNut79 »

In relation to sunbus sunshine coast i notice there is no split between the marcoola and new caloundra depots. will this be coming??
Hornibrook

Post by Hornibrook »

BusNut79 wrote:In relation to sunbus sunshine coast i notice there is no split between the marcoola and new caloundra depots. will this be coming??
No because the way the system is set up, it looks for all buses with the depot 'Sunshine Coast' and it can't really be defined into Marcoola and Caloundra because then Sunbus Sunshine Coast would turn into Sunbus Caloundra and Sunbus Marcoola.

Since Caloundra is only small, I think we an just let it be all under Sunshine Coast.
Sb617

Post by Sb617 »

I'd like to put a suggestion of splitting the Sunshine Coast operation separately off the Sunbus Queensland page (like the former Toowoomba operation)?

That way users can still click on Sunshine Coast combined fleet page, but still able to sort which SC Sunbus depot the buses are based.

A separate history would have to come up for the Sunshine Coast page (some differences, eg Sunshine Coast Sunbus used to operate School Services in the mid 90s prior to selling the School Runs off to Stagecoach (later taken over by Buslink Sunshine Coast). When Sunbus first took over, they took over the Tewantin Bus Service runs (in the Noosa region) and the Sunshine Coast Coaches runs for the rest of the Sunshine Coast region (Coolum to Caloundra).

Another short history for readers regarding the Sunshine Coast Sunbus depots, when they first set up after taking over the former operators runs, they were based at Lynne Street, Caloundra, and shared the depot with Stagecoach. They moved to Bonanza Court, Marcoola in December 2001, with the now Buslink (former Stagecoach) school buses moving a few streets across at Enterprise Road. Ten years later (start of 2011), they opened the West Caloundra depot at the Cnr of Fred Chaplin Court and Racecourse Road to ease the load on Marcoola.

Drivers now refer to the depots as "West Caloundra" and "Marcoola".

All the Sunbus depots except the Sunshine Coast depots fall under the QConnect system. The 2 Sunshine Coast depots as we all know, are under TransLink.

Edit: Corrected the reference of the current Caloundra depot. Drivers refer to it as "West Caloundra" now.
Last edited by Sb617 on Mon May 02, 2011 10:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Unless stated otherwise, comments that are posted above are those of my own only, and are not those of any company or organisation.
Hornibrook

Post by Hornibrook »

Sb617 wrote:I'd like to put a suggestion of splitting the Sunshine Coast operation separately off the Sunbus Queensland page (like the former Toowoomba operation)?

That way users can still click on Sunshine Coast combined fleet page, but still able to sort which SC Sunbus depot the buses are based.

A separate history would have to come up for the Sunshine Coast page (some differences, eg Sunshine Coast Sunbus used to operate School Services in the mid 90s prior to selling the School Runs off to Stagecoach (later taken over by Buslink Sunshine Coast). When Sunbus first took over, they took over the Tewantin Bus Service runs (in the Noosa region) and the Sunshine Coast Coaches runs for the rest of the Sunshine Coast region (Coolum to Caloundra).

Another short history for readers regarding the Sunshine Coast Sunbus depots, when they first set up after taking over the former operators runs, they were based at Lynne Street, Caloundra, and shared the depot with Stagecoach. They moved to Bonanza Court, Marcoola in December 2001. Ten years later (start of 2011), they opened the Caloundra depot at the Cnr of Fred Chaplin Court and Racecourse Road to ease the load on Marcoola.

All the Sunbus depots except the Sunshine Coast depots fall under the QConnect system. The 2 Sunshine Coast depots as we all know, are under TransLink.
Hmm it would still need to be maintained as one list. I don't see why one must be different to the others, it's been so we have a full fleet summary and a full fleet list.

We could however split the depots into Sunbus - Caloundra and Sunbus - Marcoola which would work and have them both under the "Sunshine Coast" region.

That seems more appropriate.
Sb617

Post by Sb617 »

Hornibrook wrote:Hmm it would still need to be maintained as one list. I don't see why one must be different to the others, it's been so we have a full fleet summary and a full fleet list.

We could however split the depots into Sunbus - Caloundra and Sunbus - Marcoola which would work and have them both under the "Sunshine Coast" region.

That seems more appropriate.
That should work, Magnetic Island if I recall has 13 buses whereas Caloundra West currently only has 20 buses (19 in revenue service, 1 as a ferry bus/drivers training bus).
1whoknows

Post by 1whoknows »

Another consideration would be whether Caloundra has a semi permanent allocation of buses or whether vehicles are regularly swapped to Marcoola for servicing requirements etc with a different bus of the same type then going to Caloundra - if the latter then I dont see much point in separate lists.
"Inside Every Progressive Is A Totalitarian Screaming To Get Out"
David Horowitz.
Sb617

Post by Sb617 »

It's a semi permanent allocation with Caloundra and Marcoola having separate run numbers for drivers. "C"s are designated on the Caloundra driver run sheets.

Having a look at the depot recently, it has space for 50+ buses if operations grow in the future. But for now, only half the space is used up. Initially started with 25 buses, but due to new drivers at Marcoola, a few transfers, and changing requirements, a few buses were transferred back.

All 16 Volvo B7RLEs on the VST body are based down there, with a few B12BLEs and a ferry/training bus. The odd swap may happen every now and again (which really isn't that notable), though in the end the buses involved in the swap return "home" within a day or two.
superbossgc

Post by superbossgc »

Logan city bus service have 4 more VST buses same other buses model. B12BLE, look out for rego plate.
Austral Volvo B10M mk3 Artic (375-380) 1991-2012
BusNut79

Post by BusNut79 »

Hi

Now that the new surfside coomera depot is in operation will you be starting a new list for that deopt?
Power
Favourite Vehicle: V741

Post by Power »

BT 1510 and 1511 are at Toowong now
Tell me how Swag is going to pay your bills in 10 years time?
^^__^^
Favourite Vehicle: S1989 - Live well poppin' tags

Post by ^^__^^ »

1919 and 1920 at Sherwood today :)
moreton
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo and Ford
Location: *Never have to wait behind a Taxi doing an EFTPOS transation in Brisbane.

Post by moreton »

5 x B10Ls coming to Bowen Hills while the others are being refurbed/ replaced, 1st arrived Thursday 30/05/13. Moreton :wink:
Attachments
b10l S.jpg
b10l S.jpg (26.68 KiB) Viewed 29185 times
Never again have to wait in a Q,in Queen Street ?

Return to “Bus Fleet Changes”