New for Green's Northern Coaches

This section contains posts made before the split into state-based forums for photos etc. New posts should be made to the appropriate state forum or the "General/Miscellaneous/Various" forum.
Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
Andrew
Administrator

Re: New for Green's Northern Coaches

Post by Andrew »

It's something to do with rear facing passenger seats over the front wheel arch.
Job done.
kitkat271
Favourite Vehicle: Double decker buses

Post by kitkat271 »

The colour combination and patterning is very :shock: ... better than white, but looks like a mess.
Volvo Super Olympian
Favourite Vehicle: Double deckers

Post by Volvo Super Olympian »

Andrew wrote:It's something to do with rear facing passenger seats over the front wheel arch.
I thought it was more to do with them being Denso aircon? I seem to see this split window arrangement only on Denso CC buses - just my speculation.
C130

Post by C130 »

I think Andrew has It right. I remember "Trev" explaining these windows on the busways scanias, and he said it had to do with the operator wanting front and rear facing seats over the front wheelarch, needing extra frame work in the area.
Apollo

Post by Apollo »

system improver wrote:What was the bus doing in North Road Ormond?
Because he wanted to be in North Road, Ormond id say :lol: :P :roll:

More than likely Andrew has hit the nail on the head. At a guess i would say the bus was built in Adelaide, then had to come to Melbourne to be checked at Iveco HQ then its quite possible the guy who was delivering the vehicle either lives in North Road in Ormond and dropped in at home before the drive to Sydney or knew someone in Ormond. Then he would make his way slowly to the Ring Road, Then Hume and on his way to Sydney. But thats only a guess of course.
EK200
Favourite Vehicle: Hino BG300

Post by EK200 »

No it was build in Smithfeild, Sydney

It was one of the first 5 Euro 4 newly released Iveco metro's with the ISM engine and not all components for the final makeup of the chassis were available, so the vehicle went to Melbourne for modifications.
EK200
Favourite Vehicle: Hino BG300

Post by EK200 »

The Denso Aircon is one of the lightest rooftop mounted systems available, so it is not that.

It is all to do with seating configuration, 53 seats instead of fewer seats
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

It is believed to be the bus which became 1586 MO and then m/o 1161 with Green
This photo again by Venturatiger in 2012 shows it still with yellow on the body around the operator name http://www.busaustralia.com/gallery/dis ... ?pos=-3888
However a later photo by Kurt in 2013 shows the colour around the name as white http://www.busaustralia.com/gallery/dis ... ?pos=-6714

But since going to Premier Charters it is no longer in this livery.
Living in the Shire.

Return to “Australian Photos, Videos, Sound Clips etc - ARCHIVE”