Brisbane Livestock Transport Hendra

This section contains posts made before the split into state-based forums for photos etc. New posts should be made to the appropriate state forum or the "General/Miscellaneous/Various" forum.
Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
Car177

Brisbane Livestock Transport Hendra

Post by Car177 »

Brisbane Livestock has been in business for at least 50 years, a lot of the vehicles have been around just as long.
Lately cab and chassis have been used with the horse box mouted on the back.
In the past truck chassis were cut and shut to provide a low section in the centre for loading purposes, bus chassis were also used, mostly they were fitted up with Leyland running gear and Comet engines, wider chassis were narrowed to accomodate the Comet running gear.
Several sea damaged Scania bus chassis are also in service. Leyland Mastiff's are also the basis of many floats.
When the older trucks get replaced with newer ones they tend to get parked and left, the depot yard is full of old trucks, last time I was there they were also parked on the street.
I bet no one has put horse transporters on here before.
Tas Bus Nut
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz O303

Re: Brisbane Livestock Transport Hendra

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

Well done!!! Great photos!!! Great to see someone has posted WHAT SCHOOL BUSES SHOULD BE LIKE NOWDAYS!!! If only we can convince Governments/operators :lol: :lol: Good to see the old pics. It's a fasination for me looking at the older transport scene from yesteryear. Keep them comin'
karen_mw

Post by karen_mw »

Bus.jpg
Bus.jpg (35.19 KiB) Viewed 33580 times
Hi there, I know this is an old thread, but hoping you might be able to help us! We have bought an ex Brisbane Livestock Truck that we are working on, it's in great condition but needs some work & we are having trouble getting parts because the chassis numbers are not recognised etc. Can you help me or point me in the direction of anyone who can?
It's one of the ones built on a Scania bus chassis - a bit of rust but not too bad.
Car177

Post by Car177 »

I photographed that one a few weeks ago,I had stopped nearly next door for a coffee, I did know at one stage what the chassis model was but it is now forgotten, if I could get the chassis number I could at least find what model it is.
Cliff Keong bought a few of these, damaged deck cargo I beleive.
Attachments
Coffee Bus Leyland chassis BLT Body
Coffee Bus Leyland chassis BLT Body
MEG_11220.jpg (87.39 KiB) Viewed 33459 times
Scania
Scania
IMG_18908 BLT Scania bus chassis.jpg (104.39 KiB) Viewed 33459 times
Maladjusted

Post by Maladjusted »

Regarding BLT are they still going? I remember a couple of associations BCC had with BLT. Maybe not looking and havn't been around Hendra for awhile.

Firstly flashback to 1981, Works dept of BCC we were rebuilding an AEC motor for a Coles Crane and the flywheel was cracked through and Brisbane Livestock Transport came to the rescue with one.

End of the 90's and BLT bought some of the frames made by Austral on the B10L's which were on bus nos 597 & 598 which had been removed to make way for the Volgren body.

Those Scanias were pretty flash in their day, a big step up from the Leylands and AECs and could reallu do justice to the racehorses they were carrying.
Who bleedin thanked me? I was just doin my job

Return to “Australian Photos, Videos, Sound Clips etc - ARCHIVE”