Once upon a time......... In Tasmania Part 2

This section contains posts made before the split into state-based forums for photos etc. New posts should be made to the appropriate state forum or the "General/Miscellaneous/Various" forum.
Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
Centralian

Once upon a time......... In Tasmania Part 2

Post by Centralian »

Some more images dating back to the late '70's early '80's. Any information Tas Bus Nut or others may want to add in identifying these vehicles or operators appreciated:

1..jpg
2..jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
That's all I have from friends or rels that travelled to Tasmania.
Think for yourself, while it's still legal !
stevegj52
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo Bus & Coaches

Re: Once upon a time......... In Tasmania Part 2

Post by stevegj52 »

Interesting pics Centralian. Even though once I lived in Tas and not 100% sure and Tas Bus Nut may Know more details, the pics may be of operators up the northen end of the State except for The ACE Hedges which was one of Merv Creswells Coaches in the old Ace livery.The Spinks Coach I think and stand corrected operated out of Burnie in the north of the state.The last Pic May be a Early Redline Bedford as I seem to remember a bus the same as the one pictured was used oin the west coast of Tas between Zeehan and Queenstown on school bus work.Now again not sure the Bedford was a modified SB with motor moved to the rear again I stand corrected and Tas Bus Nut would most likely no more details.
Cheers,
Steve
Volvo B8R,green efficiency built in
Tas Bus Nut
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz O303

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

FANTASTIC!! It's taken a while for Part.2, but it's arrived. Many thanks Centurian. WOW!! There is certainly some memories there, however as mentioned by Stevegj52, I think quite a few of them ARE from up north. However, in saying that, the pic of Merv Cresswell's #35 Leyland with Hedges body certainly does look very strange in it's OLD livery. I'll try and get a pic out of it's new colour scheme and post on this reply for comparison. The last picture, once again I cannot help with bus type or body, but studying it (@ 5.30am B4 work), it was definately taken @ 96 Harrington St, THE old Tasmanian Coach Lines / Pioneer terminal. You can see the familiar buildings from out the back, and a TCL unit in front #D156. Ian Cooper used to tell me how Charlie Ayers used to travel FAR & WIDE to pick up different buses (some working, some not) so that one could have come from anywhere. When I quickly looked @ Fallons Bedford, I thought it was Tatlows of Burnie, until I looked closely. Tatlows may?? have brought it later. Is that a Redline Leyland alongside Falons? like the one below? The 1st bus I learned to drive was like the Kergers Coach Tours Ansair Bedford, however mine was a Leyland 400 with CRASH gearbox. AWESOME!! Thanks again Neil
stevegj52
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo Bus & Coaches

Post by stevegj52 »

The bus in the last was the one I mentioned earlier belonging to Redline as pointed out by Tas Bus Nut which was used on the school run mentioned, all we need to know now is what make it is.The coach that belongs to Kergers may also be either a ex Tassie Redline AEC or Leyland?

Steve
Volvo B8R,green efficiency built in
venturatiger

Post by venturatiger »

Hi there , I think the last one is a Lewis bodied Albion

Regards Venturatiger
Tas Bus Nut
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz O303

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

venturatiger wrote:Hi there , I think the last one is a Lewis bodied Albion

Regards Venturatiger
That's it!! Thanks venturatiger
ALBION1881

Post by ALBION1881 »

How about the bodies on these two buses from Leon Batman collection and compare them with the last picture it might give you a idea where the bus was built great pictures.
Timbo52
Favourite Vehicle: Ansair Flxible Clippers

Post by Timbo52 »

JA 7341
Hedges body, from memory purchased by TCL from Landliner Coaches Q'Land ???
Ford 380 Diesel straight 6 cyl, 5 speed, rear engine.
41 seater, recliners? Used around Hobart district on service & school runs.
Was a beast to drive.

Return to “Australian Photos, Videos, Sound Clips etc - ARCHIVE”