Greyhound Australia 1456.AO Merc on Brisbane run

This section contains posts made before the split into state-based forums for photos etc. New posts should be made to the appropriate state forum or the "General/Miscellaneous/Various" forum.
Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
The Inspector
Favourite Vehicle: PMCSA Volvo B59

Greyhound Australia 1456.AO Merc on Brisbane run

Post by The Inspector »

On 12/3/09 Greyhound Australia 1456.AO (Moreland) Merc is seen outside a caravan park in the Hunter Valley on its way to Brisbane.
Has AdMet CB80 fever
Tas Bus Nut
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz O303

Re: Greyhound Australia 1456.AO Merc on Brisbane run

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

Do the different operators who operate Greyhound services, all have their own version of the Greyhound livery???
Some are RED, Moreland WHITE, McCaffertys BLUEY/GREY (or this is what I've seen) Wouldn't it be better if it was standard,
with a small identifiaction on the fuse box under the driver's window. (Just my opinion) - LOVE GREYHOUND USA (ALL same colour)
The Inspector

Post by The Inspector »

Tas Bus Nut wrote:Do the different operators who operate Greyhound services, all have their own version of the Greyhound livery???
Some are RED, Moreland WHITE, McCaffertys BLUEY/GREY (or this is what I've seen) Wouldn't it be better if it was standard,
with a small identifiaction on the fuse box under the driver's window. (Just my opinion) - LOVE GREYHOUND USA (ALL same colour)

Moreland have some coaches in white and some in red. McCafferty livery is being phased out and oneday be gone.

The red is the new corperate livery image and being applied to all new stock and some of the older fleet, love to see a Denning in this livery, the Hi-deck would have looked a treat.
Has AdMet CB80 fever
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

They are now standardising on the Red livery.

Any still in McCafferty livery will in due course be repainted into the red livery as will any others which may still be around in various other liveries. McCaffertys as such no longer exists as they have fully amamlgamated with Geyhound - see another recent thread on that subject.

As you will see from the fleet livery summary http://www.busaustralia.com/fleetlists/ ... ype=livery most are now in red.

It is believed that some Morelands units are now also in red.
Living in the Shire.
Tas Bus Nut
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz O303

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

[quote="Fleet Lists"]

Any still in McCafferty livery will in due course be repainted into the red livery as will any others which may still be around in various other liveries. McCaffertys as such no longer exists as they have fully amamlgamated with Geyhound - see another recent thread on that subject.
Are you saying there are, OR will no longer be ANY buses in McCaffertys livery AT ALL??? OR only the Greyhound badged buses?? If so, Jack would be turning in his grave. When I met him he made mention about putting YOUR name on the side of a bus.
The Inspector

Post by The Inspector »

Tas Bus Nut wrote: Are you saying there are, OR will no longer be ANY buses in McCaffertys livery AT ALL??? OR only the Greyhound badged buses?? If so, Jack would be turning in his grave. When I met him he made mention about putting YOUR name on the side of a bus.
Thats correct as McCafferty's no longer exist, all buses are now under Greyhound Australia operation.
Has AdMet CB80 fever
Rad

Post by Rad »

The McCafferty's name was officially phased out in 2004
http://www.guideposttours.com.au & www.guidepost-travel.com
Rail and Coach Tours Worldwide
Railway Adventures
Simes
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz

Post by Simes »

I don't think Greyhound are repainting anymore coaches, there were half a dozen on their for sale page on the website, all were in the bronze livery and relatively young*, now there's one with McCaffertys signwriting and all for sale and one in the new livery as well. Seems to me like for the mainline fleet they're either red or bronze with greyhound signage - be it white background or bronze, with those coaches to pass out of the fleet soonish

*understood these coaches lead anything but a leisurely life
http://19302413.blogspot.com/

3092, last bus on George Street - 23rd October 2015 7:50pm
Sb617

Post by Sb617 »

The Inspector wrote: The red is the new corperate livery image and being applied to all new stock and some of the older fleet, love to see a Denning in this livery, the Hi-deck would have looked a treat.
314 is the only Denning repainted in the Red livery so far.
Unless stated otherwise, comments that are posted above are those of my own only, and are not those of any company or organisation.
littlescotty1987
Favourite Vehicle: anything with a crashbox

Post by littlescotty1987 »

moreland run all the coaches out of melb except for the adel service being firefly and the 340service needing enough space for fright.

M87 is the only merc to be in red.

cheers scotty
Dont argue with an IDIOT; people watching may not be able to tell the difference

Return to “Australian Photos, Videos, Sound Clips etc - ARCHIVE”