Page 1 of 2

[STA] Mark V Pumpkin Bus 3128 for "Mark V"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:13 pm
by AEC Decker
Mark V Pumpkin Bus 3128 was in the depot yard this morning, so AEC Decker took the opportunity to photograph it just in case it is repainted in Corporate livery now that Scania 3752 is the new Pumpkin Bus.

MKV-3128-1.jpg
MKV-3128-1.jpg (56.05 KiB) Viewed 3713 times


MKV-3128-2.jpg
MKV-3128-2.jpg (70.76 KiB) Viewed 3713 times


MKV-3128-3.jpg


The Pu and Bus are missing from the rear of the bus thanks to BusPak
who removed the letters to put an ad on the back which they were told to take off soon after. :roll:

MKV-3128-4.jpg
MKV-3128-4.jpg (46.76 KiB) Viewed 3713 times


MKV-3128-5.jpg
MKV-3128-5.jpg (70.33 KiB) Viewed 3713 times


MKV-3128-6.jpg
MKV-3128-6.jpg (78.56 KiB) Viewed 3713 times


Enjoy :D

Re: [STA] Mark V Pumpkin Bus 3128 for "Mark V"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:29 pm
by Mark V
Thanks heaps Mr Decker for posting those pic's.. I really hope it doesnt get repainted anytime soon, and I suppose your the man who will know when 3128 will go under the brush.

Im starting to rake up some riding hours on this bus now.. seems once im on the only reason why I get off is because the driver wants to take it back to the depot.. you got to love the Pumpkin :lol:

Cheers Adam

Re: [STA] Mark V Pumpkin Bus 3128 for "Mark V"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:32 pm
by Tim
no its followed me to my computer screen now !!!!!

Re: [STA] Mark V Pumpkin Bus 3128 for "Mark V"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:59 pm
by leopard1543
Oh that Pumpkin again :!: :shock:
"AEC Decker" your at bad influence on such a young "MKV".
:lol:

Re: [STA] Mark V Pumpkin Bus 3128 for "Mark V"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:04 pm
by Mark V
leopard1543 wrote:Oh that Pumpkin again :!: :shock:
"AEC Decker" your at bad influence on such a young "MKV".
:lol:


Mark V is hungry for Pumpkin.. funny how I hate eating the stuff. :P

Cheers Adam

Re: [STA] Mark V Pumpkin Bus 3128 for "Mark V"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:20 pm
by 3808
Thank you from me too, AEC Decker.

Can anyone recall exactly which year the Pumpkin Bus was first introduced?

Re: [STA] Mark V Pumpkin Bus 3128 for "Mark V"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:25 pm
by Mark V
3808 wrote:Can anyone recall exactly which year the Pumpkin Bus was first introduced?


I'm pretty sure it was sometime in 2004.

Cheers Adam

Re: [STA] Mark V Pumpkin Bus 3128 for "Mark V"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:07 am
by Stoney!
Thanks AEC, it's a shame we lost our pumpkin so quick, 3320 or 3230, to many 3's and 2's at our depot i get so mixed up..... Either way they are both beaautiful rockets.

Not to mention our B10BLE that got painted in the new pumpkin livery as seen on the Randwick scania was made redundant shortly after as we now have a couple of bendies doing them.....

Stoney!

Re: [STA] Mark V Pumpkin Bus 3128 for "Mark V"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:24 am
by Stoney!
Stoney! wrote:Thanks AEC, it's a shame we lost our pumpkin so quick, 3320 or 3230, to many 3's and 2's at our depot i get so mixed up..... Either way they are both beaautiful rockets.

Not to mention our B10BLE that got painted in the new pumpkin livery as seen on the Randwick scania was made redundant shortly after as we now have a couple of bendies doing them.....

Stoney!



I just realised it must be 3320 as 3230 was the first bus i drove in training and it wasn't orange lol.

Stoney!

Re: [STA] Mark V Pumpkin Bus 3128 for "Mark V"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:31 pm
by DarrenH
The Pu and Bus are missing from the rear of the bus thanks to BusPak
who removed the letters to put an ad on the back which they were told to take off soon after. :roll:


As well as putting the missing letters back they probably could of stuck the 40k sign down lower and removed the barcode above the number plate as an ad will not be put on the rear of the pumpkin bus anymore.

Mark V wrote:Mark V is hungry for Pumpkin.. funny how I hate eating the stuff. :P


After seeing 3128 I feel like eating pumpkin soup for tea tonite :mrgreen:

Re: [STA] Mark V Pumpkin Bus 3128 for "Mark V"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:06 pm
by Simes
DarrenH wrote:
As well as putting the missing letters back they probably could of stuck the 40k sign down lower and removed the barcode above the number plate as an ad will not be put on the rear of the pumpkin bus anymore.



That's not to say it will not be a pumpkin bus til withdrawal, also what about the ads on the inside? (maybe they've been removed, not sure)

Re: [STA] Mark V Pumpkin Bus 3128 for "Mark V"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:10 pm
by AEC Decker
AEC Decker will get the extra EMERGENCY EXIT sticker removed and try to get the missing Pu & Bus reinstated.

Re: [STA] Mark V Pumpkin Bus 3128 for "Mark V"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:13 pm
by Mark V
AEC Decker wrote:AEC Decker will get the extra EMERGENCY EXIT sticker removed and try to get the missing Pu & Bus reinstated.


Good on you Mr Decker.. get that 3128 back to mint condition. :D

Cheers Adam

Re: [STA] Mark V Pumpkin Bus 3128 for "Mark V"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:47 pm
by Andrew
Seems to have only started in the last month or so - quite bizarre.

Re: [STA] Mark V Pumpkin Bus 3128 for "Mark V"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:10 pm
by Dave Wilson
How else would one speak from the alter ego?

Re: [STA] Mark V Pumpkin Bus 3128 for "Mark V"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:13 pm
by Andrew
Seemed to work fine as "I" before...
anyway - it's not the most important thing that will happen today.

Re: [STA] Mark V Pumpkin Bus 3128 for "Mark V"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:40 pm
by AEC Decker
buswaysbtn wrote:Do you always speak of yourself in the 3rd person?

Back in the days of the online "bulletin boards" it was correct etiquette to speak of oneself in the third person. As everyone had a "nick", it meant you were referring to that person and not yourself.
AEC Decker was reminded of this recently and has adopted the correct bulletin board etiquette. :D

Re: [STA] Mark V Pumpkin Bus 3128 for "Mark V"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:50 pm
by DarrenH
AEC Decker wrote:AEC Decker will get the extra EMERGENCY EXIT sticker removed and try to get the missing Pu & Bus reinstated.


A new pumpkin might need to be stuck on also as the old one looks like the top has been torn off slightly :mrgreen: :lol: Can AEC Decker find a replacement pumpkin sticker in the R workshop also :?:

Re: [STA] Mark V Pumpkin Bus 3128 for "Mark V"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:43 pm
by AEC Decker
DarrenH wrote:A new pumpkin might need to be stuck on also as the old one looks like the top has been torn off slightly :mrgreen: :lol: Can AEC Decker find a replacement pumpkin sticker in the R workshop also :?:

AEC Decker will ask the painter if he has any spare Image to replace the damaged one on the back of the bus, but that might be stretching it a bit. :roll:
Might have to use black tape to repair the damaged Image and the missing Pu and Bus. :shock:

Re: [STA] Mark V Pumpkin Bus 3128 for "Mark V"

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:19 pm
by Mark V
It would be good to see the rear end fixed up with its Pumpkin signage.. while your at it Aec Decker you may as well replace that cover around the exhaust for me. :wink:

Image

Cheers Adam

Re: [STA] Mark V Pumpkin Bus 3128 for "Mark V"

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:58 pm
by AEC Decker
Mark V wrote:.. while your at it Aec Decker you may as well replace that cover around the exhaust for me. :wink:

Cheers Adam

Yeah, right and some STA SWA (steering wheel attendant) will damage it again. :roll:
Besides that, the mesh exhaust cover is not original and was only fitted during refurbishment. :shock:
3134 & 3241 at Randwick both unrefurbished, still have the original fibreglass exhaust cover.
AEC Decker supposes that Mark V would like photographic evidence of this feature. :roll: :wink: :lol:

Re: [STA] Mark V Pumpkin Bus 3128 for "Mark V"

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:20 pm
by Mark V
I know the original cover's mate, so its up to you if you want to show a pic for the benifit for the thread.. you wont see me saying no :wink:

I dont mind the one on 3128 now, I just dont like seeing it all banged up like that.

Cheers Adam

Re: [STA] Mark V Pumpkin Bus 3128 for "Mark V"

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:52 pm
by DarrenH
AEC Decker wrote:Besides that, the mesh exhaust cover is not original and was only fitted during refurbishment. :shock:
3134 & 3241 at Randwick both unrefurbished, still have the original fibreglass exhaust cover.

I have seen those original MKV exhaust covers before. The fibreglass exhaust covers on the ex Quince PMC Merc 0405's are a bit different to the STA MKV as it extends all the way to the top :shock: as they do not have the vertical exhaust stack/outlets like how these STA MKVs have :lol:

Re: [STA] Mark V Pumpkin Bus 3128 for "Mark V"

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:42 pm
by Mercedes_MkII_2125
The fibreglass covers are on a number of Newcatsle MkVs, I will try and compile a list. I was wondering why there were two different echaust guards, that answers my question. AEC decker do you know why theres two different types of engine air intakes also?

Re: [STA] Mark V Pumpkin Bus 3128 for "Mark V"

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:39 am
by Mark V
I don't have a picture of a STA Mark V original cover in my collection but I do have one that would be very similar to the Quince PMC Merc 0405's.

Here is Veolia 133

Image

Cheers Adam