From Green Coach Lines >Tas Coach Lines

This section contains posts made before the split into state-based forums for photos etc. New posts should be made to the appropriate state forum or the "General/Miscellaneous/Various" forum.
Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
stevegj52
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo Bus & Coaches

Re: From Green Coach Lines >Tas Coach Lines

Post by stevegj52 »

Timbo52 wrote:ESC was run by me & my wife after the bridge collapse, we operated Bellerive to Sorell passenger services and several school contracts, the school runs were later sold to Michael Gray. The VAL wasn't in the fleet, we had Bedfords, 2 x Comair & 2 Ansairs a Leyland and a rear engined Ford, that is in another site in a torquise colour. Yes you are right with the colour and name of Eastern Shore Coach Services, bit of a mouthful wasn't it

Thanks for that info Tim, It was a long time ago.The Val must have belonged to someone else but I do remember seeing it in a yard with a couple of other Buses but Not 100% sure it was a long time ago. Well I was partly right :lol:
Now I know who the operator was, it has had me wondering for a while. I remember the buses leaving the Ferry terminal to go to Sorell as used to catch them often.Now maybe you can help me with another mystery? Was there a International bus with city bodyworks body same as the MTT Bedford SB would have been a 68 model in the fleet at any time ?
Cheers,
Steve
Volvo B8R,green efficiency built in
Timbo52
Favourite Vehicle: Ansair Flxible Clippers

Post by Timbo52 »

Yes there was, it was City Bodyworks, may have been the last one built if I remember correctly. The body wasn't complete, was sold as is where is to Wally Burr, dad bought it from the Burrs for the Seven Mile Beach passenger run under Grayhound Tours livery & then into TCL after the purchase of GCL unfortunately I can't remember fleet numbers for the Inter.
This is getting to be enjoyable filling holes in history. I believe we were the largest coach operators in the private sector,definitely in Tas. but also I think in Australia during the 1970's, we had 87 coach licenses on operational coaches & I believe we owned a further 17 unlicensed & or unregistered buses in various stages of dereliction.
stevegj52
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo Bus & Coaches

Post by stevegj52 »

Shame there isn't any photos documenting the Ayer's era excedpt for the TCL photo's posted by Neil as it certainly sounds interesting.
There was one photo posted by Neil of a Bedford Vam with Comair body turning from Liverpool st into Murray St.This bus looks as it was on the New Norfolk run and was in the red white livery.Was this purchased from Renison Ltd in Zeehan as they had two being used for workers buses running from the Renison mine back to Zeehan at shift times. Or was it purchased by Charley from new?
Volvo B8R,green efficiency built in
Timbo52
Favourite Vehicle: Ansair Flxible Clippers

Post by Timbo52 »

D'day Steve,
Sorry I must be a bit tired, where is the pic of the Comair it isn't in this string?
Tim

Return to “Australian Photos, Videos, Sound Clips etc - ARCHIVE”