Page 1 of 1

A Renault nightrider at WSBS-76

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:56 pm
by adx666
I wish it was 71 but this is almost as good, 76 asleep at WSBS.

Dont know why it was there but I am not complaining, this is the first time I have seen it since last years SLS Games in March/April.

Image


Image

Cheers

Re: A Renault nightrider at WSBS-76

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:27 pm
by Herbert
Looks very smart. Might have been there on driver training or as a staff bus. Thanks for posting.

Re: A Renault nightrider at WSBS-76

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:15 pm
by BeanMe
How come they dont put the all-over NightRider livery on the buses anymore? Is this so they can use them for training etc?

Is there 2 Canning Highway nightriders - was sure the other one was 1082?

Re: A Renault nightrider at WSBS-76

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:22 pm
by adx666
You mean like this??

Image

Re: A Renault nightrider at WSBS-76

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:49 pm
by TP 3000
So why was 76 taken out of that livery?

Re: A Renault nightrider at WSBS-76

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:42 pm
by panther998
BeanMe wrote:How come they dont put the all-over NightRider livery on the buses anymore?

Like most things in life, this comes back to MONEY! Or, more accurately, lack thereof.
Fancy AoA liveries cost quite a lot of dosh (pesky signwriters wanting to be paid for their work - like so many of us in modern society!), so these are usually sponsored for 'limited exposure' situations like the NightRider services. End result : Nil sponsor = Nil money = Nil fancy livery. Simple as that. Sorry to be so blunt.

But, this seems to especially afflict a Government instrumentality functioning under budget constraints - like Transperth - and striving to provide services to the general public (as distinct from a very tiny proportion of night club attendees, on two nights per week) by means of contracts with private sector enterprises which, unsurprisingly / expectedly / routinely, are motivated by profit.

Far be it from me to hint / suggest / point out that certain private bus companies around Perth might be averse to (figuratively speaking) 'occasionally dipping into their own pockets', rather than taxpayers' much abused pockets, when such action just might be appropriate in the interests of furthering their own business interests / prospects. Heck! - one need look no further than the 'Nightcruiser' operation of Adams (Redcliffe) or the similar activities of General Bus Fleet / Purple Party Buses (Embleton) to realize the sheer folly and futility of such an argument. :?: :!: :evil:

I imagine there might even be the odd private enterprise detractor who possesses the audacity (ie, balls) to assert that the 3 Transperth contract operators have been 'mollycoddled', or become too complacent, over recent years, or even - heaven forbid! - 'mere extensions of the public sector mindset' when it comes to entrepreneurial skills. Such detractors might (forgivably) think so - far be it from me to deign to comment!

Re: A Renault nightrider at WSBS-76

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:16 pm
by Member 1269
UQB003,

76 was repainted because the body was in quite a state under the AOA. It recieved a body renovate and repaint at the same time.

564 at Karrinyup (578's replacement) is in a similar basic scheme.

Re: A Renault nightrider at WSBS-76

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:23 am
by UQB709
Frankly, AOAs aside, it seems wasteful to have limited these buses to Nightrider services by painting over their route number and destination boxes. Why couldn't they have received the AOA but in a form leaving them available for regular services, given that the Nightriders only operate outside normal service hours? Not only does this seem to be a wasteful use of the bus fleet but also by using them on regular services throughout the week - showing off their AOA around the streets in daylight - you obtain greater exposure to a potential market and hence greater bang for your marketing dollar.

Re: A Renault nightrider at WSBS-76

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:41 am
by mrobsessed
panther998 wrote:But, this seems to especially afflict a Government instrumentality functioning under budget constraints - like Transperth - and striving to provide services to the general public (as distinct from a very tiny proportion of night club attendees, on two nights per week) by means of contracts with private sector enterprises which, unsurprisingly / expectedly / routinely, are motivated by profit.

Far be it from me to hint / suggest / point out that certain private bus companies around Perth might be averse to (figuratively speaking) 'occasionally dipping into their own pockets', rather than taxpayers' much abused pockets, when such action just might be appropriate in the interests of furthering their own business interests / prospects. Heck! - one need look no further than the 'Nightcruiser' operation of Adams (Redcliffe) or the similar activities of General Bus Fleet / Purple Party Buses (Embleton) to realize the sheer folly and futility of such an argument.

I imagine there might even be the odd private enterprise detractor who possesses the audacity (ie, balls) to assert that the 3 Transperth contract operators have been 'mollycoddled', or become too complacent, over recent years, or even - heaven forbid! - 'mere extensions of the public sector mindset' when it comes to entrepreneurial skills. Such detractors might (forgivably) think so - far be it from me to deign to comment!


If the government is so averse to "dipping into taxpayers much abused pockets", why did they not tender these trips out individually when all the trips were on a trial basis? I'm sure there would be "entrepreneurial" operators out there who would tender for them. In fact, most "party buses" are finishing their trips at the same time that the Nightrider services start.

As for the buses, they were rusty when they were wrapped. To have these buses restricted to operating 6 trips a week plus driver training is scandalous. Just as scandalous as having Renaults in Mandurah unable to do route service.

Re: A Renault nightrider at WSBS-76

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:08 pm
by TP 3000
mrobsessed wrote:...Just as scandalous as having Renaults in Mandurah unable to do route service.


Why can't they?

Re: A Renault nightrider at WSBS-76

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:45 pm
by adx666
They are/were on school runs only