• Advertisement

ANYBODY GOT SOME PICTURES OF ROBERTS BRISBANE WATER COACHES

This section contains posts made before the split into state-based forums for photos etc. New posts should be made to the appropriate state forum or the "General/Miscellaneous/Various" forum.
Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)

ANYBODY GOT SOME PICTURES OF ROBERTS BRISBANE WATER COACHES

Postby User xxx » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:31 pm

I have been wondering if there are any pictures of roberts brisbane waters coaches as I have not seen a photo of this company anywhere as this was a part of new south wales central coast history as I have been wondering what happen to certain buses that use to ride when going up there as was 29 a bedford brought brand new and a ud pmc vov body I can`t remember fleet but do remember its fleet number when they brought it up to bayside in queensland it was 88 anyhow if anybody got some pictures of this company I would love see them route660.
User xxx

Re: ANYBODY GOT SOME PICTURES OF ROBERTS BRISBANE WATER COACHES

Postby DENAIR » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:48 pm

DENAIR

Favourite Vehicle: DENNING DENAIR

Postby User xxx » Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:38 pm

thanks denair that was great but I still can`t get a picture of the ud that brisbane waters coachs had route660.
DENAIR wrote:Hi
try this link
http://gallery66610.fotopic.net/c309337.html
cheers denair
User xxx

Postby Foden-nut » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:30 pm

......... and whilst we are talking of Roberts Brisbane Water Coaches, does anyone have a photo of the two Fodens they operated back in the 1950/1960s? If so, could they post them, please?
Foden-nut
Foden-nut

Favourite Vehicle: It has got to be a Foden!

Postby paulbrown3 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:07 pm

try a google search - "Brisbane water coaches" + fotopic. I have some fotos from one of the fotopic sites that have the UD and the ex mtt buses. Add "Roberts" to the start if you need to
paulbrown3

Postby GM » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:07 pm

Robert's Brisbane Water Coaches, Reo, Foden & UD.
Note that the Reo was located at Batemans Bay and has been moved to Deepwater for preservation. GM
GM

Postby Foden-nut » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:08 am

GM
Many thanks for the photo of the rear engined Foden.
The one that I really want to see in a photograph is their No.1, MO174, a Foden PVSC6 which was originally a double decker with Ranyards (mo253) and then Parramatta-Epping (still mo253). In June 1954 Roberts bought the bus - or possibly just the chassis? - and had it fitted with a 43 seat single deck body by MBA. Does anyone know why such a relatively modern double decker was rebodied as a single decker?
In January 1960 they sold it to Punchbowl, where it joined two other former double deckers, mo525 and mo526.
Cheers, Foden-nut
Foden-nut

Postby GM » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:11 am

During the 70's and 80's Vic Hayes/HCVA published lists of NSW Operators and their Fleet.
I have only the April 1974 and June 1983 Editions which contained information on Robert's Fleet.
Could Foden-nut please give me the registration number for Robert's number 1 the Fodens Metropolitan rego number.
As I may have a photo and need this info. GM
GM

Postby GM » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:16 pm

Route 660, here is two photos of Roberts Brisbane Waters No 2 MO 154 Mack Watt Bros from the Ken Magor/BCA Collection. GM
GM

Postby Red and Cream » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:34 pm

Here is a Don Allitt photo of the Foden No.1.
Last edited by Red and Cream on Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Red and Cream

Postby Foden-nut » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:44 pm

Magnificent! :D Thanks to Red and Cream for his help. GM if you have an alternative view of MO174, I'm always happy to see it, too!
I have a couple of photos of Roberts No 1 after it was sold to Punchbowl and yet another with Coffs Harbour B S. Interestingly, in all three of these photos it has the standard Foden front panel, whereas in the photograph above it has a totally different front panel. Also, I have noticed that it only had a front door whilst with Roberts, whereas it had been rebuilt to dual door layout with Punchbowl (and presumably later with Coffs Harbour).
The photograph below is, I believe, a Bruce Tilley photograph - apologies to the real photographer if it isn't. This shows it after sale to Punchbowl, complete with the second (rear) door.
No disrespect to GM, but if anyone has a better view of the rear engined Foden with Roberts .............
Foden-nut

Postby Foden-nut » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:33 pm

Thanks to Red & Cream for pointing out that the photo of mo4249 with Punchbowl is actually a Don Allitt photo - apologies to all concerned!
Foden-nut
Foden-nut

Postby GM » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:29 pm

Foden-nut, Roberts MO 174 and Punchbowls m/o 4249 appear to be two different vehicles, not only the back door has been added which is vey unusual, & as you say the Grill has been changed, which would be lot of work, but have a look at the desto box.
Also what happened to the vents in the front? I think the rear Bumper Bars are different? Different side mirrors?
The roof racks & timber slats removed. Take away the racks but why the timber?
4249 has what I consider the standard square MBA box where 174 appears to be set in rubber.
The front of the body on 174 extends further down below the front Bumper Bar than 4249 does?
Did 174 start life as 4249?.
Unfortunately no other photos of 174, if there had been I would have sent them to you.
I am sorry about the photo of the Foden but it came from the Ken Magor/BCA Collection CD. There maybe better photos in the Ken Magor files at the BCA.
I hope to be going into the BCA next month and if I get a chance I will look at the file. GM
GM

Postby Bus Riders » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:48 am

:wink: No, it's definately the same bus! Just had a slight rebuild. Note the canvas door is closer to the bottom step, (this would explain your door theory), basically, close inspection of both photos show a front rebuild with the addisiton of a rear door for metro operation! Not too many metro operators used single door versions, especially in an area such as served by PBC. m/o4249 had a vent mounted on the O/S to provide ventilation to the driver, also note the lowering of the bumper to allow additional vent low on apron.

It was not unusual for companies to do partial re-builds to suit themselves as in this case.
A Red and Cream with emerald green lining Coachmaster bodied AEC Reliance AH 505, ahhh, now there's a real bus!
Bus Riders

Favourite Vehicle: Why, m/o156 of course!

Re: ANYBODY GOT SOME PICTURES OF ROBERTS BRISBANE WATER COAC

Postby Fleet Lists » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:47 pm

m/o 4249 after its life at Punchbowl went to Coffs Harbour where it became MO 3410 see http://www.busaustralia.com/gallery/dis ... ?pos=-2498
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

• Advertisement

Return to Australian Photos, Videos, Sound Clips etc - ARCHIVE