• Advertisement

Once upon a time...... Orana Coaches (Marrickville Route 222

This section contains posts made before the split into state-based forums for photos etc. New posts should be made to the appropriate state forum or the "General/Miscellaneous/Various" forum.
Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)

Once upon a time...... Orana Coaches (Marrickville Route 222

Postby Centralian » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:54 am

Continuing on from my post on Marrickville Bus Lines under Max Holman.

In May 1977 Robert Wood bought Marrickville Bus Lines (Route 222) from Max Holman and renamed it Orana Tours. The livery was changed to white with a green waistband and lower skirt. A couple of vehicles were transferred as well as second hand purchases made, but the fleet remained basically Bedford.

451.jpg

One of the vehicles from Marrickville to Orana was 451, formely 4883 with Marrickville.

5997 & 835.jpg

A further 2 vehicles acquired with the business were 5997 and 835

4028.jpg

Photographed here outside Arlington Oval operating Route 222 is a short chassis Bedford SB5 that came to Sydney from Rockhampton and saw service with Ambassador Coaches and was then acquired by Orana.

232.2.jpg

Also acquired from Marrickville was their mo232. This vehicle was sold to Briens Bus Service of Leichhardt who re-registered it as KCP884. Photographed here with Briens but still in Orana livery.

In January 1979 Robert Wood sold Route 222/Orana Tours to Ben Rachwel who brought back the Marrickville Bus Lines name. See my post of 2 weeks ago under 'Once upon a time .......In Gibbons Lane' for images of Marrickville Bus Lines in Gibbons Lane.

That's all from me for Marrickville Bus Lines. Someone else might like to continue into the Telford Tours era.

Hope you enjoyed. Cheers !
Centralian

Re: Once upon a time...... Orana Coaches (Marrickville Route 222

Postby rjhood » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:06 pm

I was actually working there at the time.
Great pics, I still have a few myself.
I went for my license in mo 451.
rjhood

Favourite Vehicle: Punchbowl Fodens.

• Advertisement

Return to Australian Photos, Videos, Sound Clips etc - ARCHIVE