Page 1 of 1

Merc OH1418

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:11 pm
by Bidgee
I'm interested to see what other bus companies use the Merc OH1418.

Fearnes Merc OH1418.
Image
Image

Mercedes Benz OH1418

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:11 pm
by Willie
Buses R Us / Balaklava Charter Service

Front O/S
Image

Rear N/S
Image

Re: Merc OH1418

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:03 pm
by Paul Anderson
Port Augusrta Bus Service has 2 Merc 1418.

No. 3 Merc 1418 with PMCSA 160 Body
No. 6 Merc 1418 with PMCSA Commuter SE2 Body.

I have seen Barossa Adelaide using some 1418 as well I know one unit has a PMCSA 160 and the other PMCSA Commuter SE2. Same as Port AugustaBus Service.

Re: Merc OH1418

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:23 pm
by stajourneyman
The vehicle in the top two photos is an ex Busways unit. It was one of four identical units that went to Fearnes.

They were a horrible bus to drive compared to their 0405 bigger brothers. Coupled to an auto transmission, upon taking your foot off the brake at the lights, they would just sit there until they were flogged to get moving. This is, of course, under typical Busways operating conditions. As a country school bus they are probably not too bad a bus.

Re: Merc OH1418

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:32 pm
by Mercedes_MkII_2125
Ive only ever had a steer of a manual one and I must say they are absolute pigs. Mercedes should go around peeling any badges off them, they are not worthy of the same badge as the O305 and O405.

Heavy Clutch, sloppy steering and brakes from a mini i reckon.

Re: Merc OH1418

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:42 pm
by Dave C
Heres some more SA OH1418's

Port Augusta Bus Service with PMCSA '160 Mk II' Body
Image

Nicholls with Custom Coaches Body ex. Fearnes, NSW
Image

Murray Bridge Passenger Service with PMC '160' Body ex. Warragul Bus Lines, Vic
Image

Murray Bridge Passenger Service with Newnham Body ex Skybus, Vic
Image

Murray Bridge Passenger Service with Ansair/Busworks 'Orana' Body ex. Warragul Bus Lines, Vic
Image

Re: Merc OH1418

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:16 pm
by Bidgee
Interesting to see that Nicholls's WOS-132 still have the Fearnes livery. OH1418 are good school buses but they do suck in the summer without aircon though.

Re: Merc OH1418

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:30 am
by fearnes3848
I know 1418's are so slooooow but they are great around Wagga for school work and town work, heres a photo of MO9184 very similar to the Nicholls 1418, I think it might be ex Fearnes MO2186 (correct me if im wrong) Out of the manual trans 1418 Fearnes had I think MO2580 was the best. Out of the remaining auto trans 1418's at Fearnes I think MO4643 is the best or MO4331 because it is nicer to drive and it has a CC 510 body.

Image

Image

Re: Merc OH1418

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:48 am
by dave
phpbmqDgUPM.jpg
Buslink, Fleet No.145. They have 19 just like this one.

Re: Merc OH1418

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:10 pm
by Paul Anderson
God for there age they look to be in really good condition. I remember seeing them sitting a a flat bed train at Port Augusta on there way to Darwin. I think that would have been about 1988/89.

Re: Merc OH1418

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:30 pm
by fearnes3848
This would probably be the nicest looking Custom Coaches bodied 1418

Image

Image

Would have taken a photo from the back but it has a stupid advertisement on the back :evil:

Re: Merc OH1418

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:39 pm
by fearnes3848
stajourneyman wrote:The vehicle in the top two photos is an ex Busways unit. It was one of four identical units that went to Fearnes.

They were a horrible bus to drive compared to their 0405 bigger brothers. Coupled to an auto transmission, upon taking your foot off the brake at the lights, they would just sit there until they were flogged to get moving. This is, of course, under typical Busways operating conditions. As a country school bus they are probably not too bad a bus.


At the time when Busways bought the four 1418's that were sold to Fearnes, Mercedes Benz had a shortage of O405 chassis and they built the 4 four up real quick for the demand of buses. You are right though stajourneyman, you can slam your foot hard to the floor and they just get going at their own pace just like an elderley person would in a country town like Wagga :lol: On a few of them you can see stiches off red around the Fearnes blue paintwork where it has been masked up.

Re: Merc OH1418

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:22 pm
by CM Hino
Hi Bidgee
Here are a few more
Organ's Bus Service - Kyneton (Organ's run 15 of this type of Chassis)Here are 2 of them
#50 P & D Mercedes Benz OH1418
organs50.jpg

#51 Austral Pacific (Starliner) Mercedes Benz OH1418
organ51.jpg

From MORELAND BUS LINES - MELBOURNE
#32 Austral Mercedes Benz OH1418
moreland32.jpg

Re: Merc OH1418

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:13 pm
by fearnes3848
CM Hino wrote:Hi Bidgee
Here are a few more
Organ's Bus Service - Kyneton (Organ's run 15 of this type of Chassis)Here are 2 of them
#50 P & D Mercedes Benz OH1418
organs50.jpg

#51 Austral Pacific (Starliner) Mercedes Benz OH1418
organ51.jpg

From MORELAND BUS LINES - MELBOURNE
#32 Austral Mercedes Benz OH1418
moreland32.jpg


That last Moreland Bus Lines Austral bodied 1418 looks very similar to the Jakab bodys.

Re: Merc OH1418

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:27 am
by dex
Tullamarine used to have a couple of 1418s. Someone might be able to find the pics.
A Newnham bodied one and an Ansair Orana. Both manual and both quite nice to drive. :)

Re: Merc OH1418

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 3:46 pm
by Kappy
Hi
I have just picked up a 91 OH1418 with a Volgren body EX school bus origin from Victoria I believe.

This seems to be an old post, but ive searched in vain for more info on this rig, even Merc Aust haven't helped.

So I was hoping someone here may be able to assist with , at the best where I can get a manual for her, or model engine, recommended engine oil and quantity etc.

Thanks in advance

Cheers
Kappy

Re: Merc OH1418

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:18 pm
by OH1418
Kappy wrote:Hi
I have just picked up a 91 OH1418 with a Volgren body EX school bus origin from Victoria I believe.

This seems to be an old post, but ive searched in vain for more info on this rig, even Merc Aust haven't helped.

So I was hoping someone here may be able to assist with , at the best where I can get a manual for her, or model engine, recommended engine oil and quantity etc.

Thanks in advance

Cheers
Kappy



Hey mate ring up Sunbury Coaches and ask them they'll be able to help you as they have a few still left in service

Re: Merc OH1418

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:53 pm
by OH1418
Hey mate give Sunbury Coaches a call and ask them they still have a few in service and they may be able to help you out

Re: Merc OH1418

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:03 pm
by LB608
Give Guy Arab a call