Harris Bus Lines School Buses

This section contains posts made before the split into state-based forums for photos etc. New posts should be made to the appropriate state forum or the "General/Miscellaneous/Various" forum.
Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
Busco.

Harris Bus Lines School Buses

Post by Busco. »

The following pics are some of Harris Bus Lines Parkes former school buses, as you can see, Bedfords were a popular choice for Harris right up until the Company was sold. The Bedfords satrted to be replaced by Mercedes 1418's, and then some MAN's and finally IVECO's.

In one of the pictures you can see one of the things that Harris' depot was famous for..... its trusty old depot dog.... it was a legendary fixture of the depot.
Last edited by Busco. on Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DarrenH

Re: Harris Bus Lines School Buses

Post by DarrenH »

When were the Harris Bus Lines new workshop with the new hoists built ? Was it in the early 1980's or late 80's ? Good collection of Bedfords also.
Dave Wilson

Post by Dave Wilson »

Interesting photos .Last shot shows (at right) two ex Hunters Hill Bus Co Reos -ex 4118 and 640 (or 588?), both sold to Harris about 1970-71.I'd love to know what happened to 4118.
Busco.

Post by Busco. »

DarrenH wrote:When were the Harris Bus Lines new workshop with the new hoists built ? Was it in the early 1980's or late 80's ? Good collection of Bedfords also.
I'm not 100% certain,but my guess would be early - mid 80's. They did some major extensions to the bus shelter off the side effectively doubling the covered area so the whole fleet was under cover always, this was done fairly recently ie, the post 2000's, and they built a new office inside the main shed compliments of the Olympic committment.
tuckern

Post by tuckern »

Have these photo's of Harris now been removed? I used to catch Harris to and from school and later Western after they bought Harris out.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Keeping in mind that this thread is over two years old, yes most photos that old have been removed from most if not all threads.
Living in the Shire.

Return to “Australian Photos, Videos, Sound Clips etc - ARCHIVE”