Ansett Pioneer of the 60s. # 2

This section contains posts made before the split into state-based forums for photos etc. New posts should be made to the appropriate state forum or the "General/Miscellaneous/Various" forum.
Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
Red and Cream

Ansett Pioneer of the 60s. # 2

Post by Red and Cream »

Some more of Pioneer's day tour and over snow fleet.

MO 4469 Tucker (now that's a name you don't see very often)named Hep Cat. A Don Allitt Photo. The other Tucker vehicles i know they had were MO 779 (Bob Cat), MO 785, and MO 822 (Tiger Cat). The larger over snow vehicle that Centralian featured was a Nodwell and the redgos i have for them were MO 749 (Snow Fox) and MO 4657 although they may have been the same vehicle as they were seen at different times.

MO 4224 Bedford Ansair at Cooma.

MO 4554 Leyland Royal Tiger Ansair.

MO 736 Leyland Royal Tiger. A Don Allitt Photo.

A postcard view of another over snow vehicle.
Last edited by Red and Cream on Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

Gee, a TAXI on MO plates :?:

Definitely a multipurpose vehicle. :P

Great photos.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
Ben O

Post by Ben O »

boronia wrote:Gee, a TAXI on MO plates :?:

Definitely a multipurpose vehicle. :P

Great photos.
Reminds me of the extended Ford wheelchair taxis which were on ACT mo plates in the 1990s.
AndrewCudgewa

Re: Ansett Pioneer of the 60s. # 2

Post by AndrewCudgewa »

Red and Cream wrote:Some more of Pioneer's day tour and over snow fleet.

MO 4469 Tucker (now that's a name you don't see very often)named Hep Cat. A Don Allitt Photo. The other Tucker vehicles i know they had were MO 779 (Bob Cat), MO 785, and MO 822 (Tiger Cat). The larger over snow vehicle that Centralian featured was a Nodwell and the redgos i have for them were MO 749 (Snow Fox) and MO 4657 although they may have been the same vehicle as they were seen at different times.

MO 4224 Bedford Ansair at Cooma.

MO 4554 Leyland Royal Tiger Ansair.

MO 736 Leyland Royal Tiger. A Don Allitt Photo.

A postcard view of another over snow vehicle.
G'day All,

Apologies for bringing up an old post, however I am interested in the content here (which I can't see). I have set up a small website trying to detail some of the history of Australian Oversnow Transport, and am short on information/pictures on both the Nodwells and Tuckers. Red & Cream (or anyone else who might be able to help), would you mind contacting me in this regard?

I know it's not buses however if you're interested, my site is at:

http://australianalpinoversnow.blogspot.com/

As it says on the site, all contributions/corrections/recollections are welcome.

Cheers, Andrew

Return to “Australian Photos, Videos, Sound Clips etc - ARCHIVE”