Central Coast History.

This section contains posts made before the split into state-based forums for photos etc. New posts should be made to the appropriate state forum or the "General/Miscellaneous/Various" forum.
Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
Red and Cream

Central Coast History.

Post by Red and Cream »

This is a contribution from the Central Coast records of GM.

Richter Bros. poster.
Dave Wilson

Post by Dave Wilson »

Red and Cream -did you get any pics of Richters Syd Wood Tiger Cubs? they were little classics. I think there is (or was) one used as a shed in the steam museum at Menangle.
Industry

Post by Industry »

Advert design by Industry for Central Coast Express just after change of ownership to the Leishman period
Red and Cream

Post by Red and Cream »

A selection from GM of Central Coast historic buses.

MO 806 Ford Syd Wood 1940 E.S.Riley. at Woy Woy Stn. 21/12/47

MO 806 Austin Syd Wood E.S.Riley at Booker Bay Depot 23/6/52. This is the same body off the Ford modified and lenghtened.

MO 802 Reo pusher Syd Wood Entrance Red Bus Svce.
Last edited by Red and Cream on Wed May 23, 2007 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tinkerer

Post by tinkerer »

One of the Leishman lads had a very bad car accident and got quite badly burnt if i recall correctly - he was a very nice guy - proably still is!

Comptons got taken over by Davis and then the Leishman's bought out Davis if I am not mistaken
Red and Cream

Post by Red and Cream »

For a body that was built in 1940 and modernized in the early 50s it lasted extremely well and eventually ended up on the 136 route between Killara and Gordon as m/o 172 in the service of the Killara Co Operative Bus Svce. where i took this photo on 7th. November 1959.

m/o 172.
shrekxdonkey

Re: Central Coast History.

Post by shrekxdonkey »

Red and Cream wrote:This is a contribution from the Central Coast records of GM.

Richter Bros. poster.
The bottom right bus was if fact a Sunliner touring coach that my father & a co driver would use to tour around Australia - I have photos if anyone is interested.
Albion Victor
Favourite Vehicle: REO

Re: Central Coast History.

Post by Albion Victor »

shrekxdonkey wrote:The bottom right bus was if fact a Sunliner touring coach that my father & a co driver would use to tour around Australia - I have photos if anyone is interested.

:) :D Yes please! Would love to see the photographs of these magnificent machines.

Return to “Australian Photos, Videos, Sound Clips etc - ARCHIVE”