• Advertisement

BUSRIDERS Red Bus Photos

This section contains posts made before the split into state-based forums for photos etc. New posts should be made to the appropriate state forum or the "General/Miscellaneous/Various" forum.
Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)

BUSRIDERS Red Bus Photos

Postby White Super Power » Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:29 pm

Busrider asked me to post these photos for him

New and now in service is MO 6887, fleet No. 19, Express, Iveco. This unit has 2x2 seating throughout, (previous Iveco's had 3x2 in the rear section). Also new is AN 96 NH, an Iveco Daily HPT van currently having signage attached as the new No. 13, (breakdown vehicle).

Awaiting disposal in the "graveyard" are former MO's 123 & 076, fleet Nos. 23, (Isuzu ECR 570/CCMC), & 42, (JBJ0012/CCMC), respectively.

White Super Power

Re: BUSRIDERS Red Bus Photos

Postby User xxx » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:12 am

THE FIRST PHOTO THE IZU HOW LONG AGO DID THEY TAKE THIS OUT OF SERVICE AS I REMEMBER THIS BUS DOING THE SERVICE OUT THE BACK OF EAST GOSFORD AND THAT WAS TOWARDS THE END OF THE 1980s I DID NOT KNOW THIS WAS STILL IN SERVICE WITH RED BUS WHERE IS IT NOW THE THIRD PICTURE I COULD BE WRONG BUT I THINK THIS BUS WAS STILL BEING USED AS A SERVICE BUS DOING RUNS OUT TO MATCHAM AND HOLGATE AND THAT WAS AROUND 1979 ROUTE660.
User xxx

Postby DarrenH » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:17 pm

The bodywork on ex No.42 looks exactly like those CC Volvo B10m MKIs that Westbus have in their fleet. Obviously this unit is ex Westbus Bosnjak but what type of engine has this bus got?
DarrenH

Postby m/o 6234 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:00 am

DarrenH wrote:The bodywork on ex No.42 looks exactly like those CC Volvo B10m MKIs that Westbus have in their fleet. Obviously this unit is ex Westbus Bosnjak but what type of engine has this bus got?

It is ex westbus. it has i am believed an isuzu engine as its sister bus 19 (jbj) had an isuzu engine
m/o 6234

Favourite Vehicle: Scania/MAN A69

Postby Thirroul » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:20 pm

DarrenH wrote:The bodywork on ex No.42 looks exactly like those CC Volvo B10m MKIs that Westbus have in their fleet. Obviously this unit is ex Westbus Bosnjak but what type of engine has this bus got?

:wink: When this bus arrived it had a Bedford 500 engine. When sourcing Bedford parts became an issue 42 and 19, the other JBJ were fitted with ISUZU engines as were many of the other Bedfords at Red Bus.
Surf Thirroul, NSW's best beach! Where there's a load, there's a Leyland!
Thirroul

• Advertisement

Return to Australian Photos, Videos, Sound Clips etc - ARCHIVE