• Advertisement

[Adel] 1313 Rosa Damage

This section contains posts made before the split into state-based forums for photos etc. New posts should be made to the appropriate state forum or the "General/Miscellaneous/Various" forum.
Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)

[Adel] 1313 Rosa Damage

Postby 2MSJ » Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:47 pm

1313 has some quite severe front end damage. The pictures actually do the bus a favour, and it looks worse in real life.

About to commence a GG1:

A close up look at the dents from the front:

A side on view:

Enjoy
Cadet Coach Captain

"Who the **** is Windy?"
2MSJ

Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz O500

Postby Community Accesser » Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:51 pm

How did that happen?!
The Redwood Park Gunzel
Going on Community Access every Thursday
Steve Irwin - 1962-2006 :cry:
Community Accesser

Postby Andrew » Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:52 pm

I'd head butt that insipid bus if it turned up on route service too.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby Norbert » Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:54 pm

Andrew wrote:I'd head butt that insipid bus if it turned up on route service too.

ROFL! Is that even a bus?
Goodbye 3447: 11/93 - 3/09
TransdevTSL: 3, 13, 17, 23, 24, 25, 27, 28, 31, 33, 72, 75, 76, 77, 78, 86, 100, 101, 103, 110, 111
Norbert

Postby 2MSJ » Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:57 pm

Community Accesser wrote:How did that happen?!

I think someone went troppo and started damaging it. If you note the windscreen wiper hose knobs have been pulled off.

Andrew wrote:I'd head butt that insipid bus if it turned up on route service too.

The Rosa's are used mainly on "run about" services, but can be seen on other routes too.
Last edited by 2MSJ on Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cadet Coach Captain

"Who the **** is Windy?"
2MSJ

Postby 2MSJ » Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:53 pm

Norbert Genci wrote:

ROFL! Is that even a bus?

Yes, it doesn't have curtains so it must be!
Cadet Coach Captain

"Who the **** is Windy?"
2MSJ

Postby member 1423 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:09 pm

Thats nothing. I thought by severe that it had been rapped around a tree
Nothin a bit of bog wont fix
member 1423

Re: [Adel] 1313 Rosa Damage

Postby gen man » Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:26 pm

Articulated Eddy wrote:1313 has some quite severe front end damage. The pictures actually do the bus a favour, and it looks worse in real life.

I really don't think this type of thread is appropriate in a public forum, and certainly not photos to prove it!!! This unnecessary thread only hampers our relations with bus operators, and something which should be avoided, and hopefully this thread is removed immediately. Let's hope these posts never appear on here again. As a moderator, I thought you'd know better by now, but obviously I was wrong. :o :shock: :oops: :cry: :evil: :roll:
need red GA:516, 517, 520, 521, 654 to 655, 662, 665, 668, 672, 676, 831.
AAT-Kings:
2014 - Year of Privatisation!
gen man

Favourite Vehicle: Leyland Worldmaster CRT2/1

Postby 2MSJ » Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:26 pm

mbrowne1045 wrote:Thats nothing. I thought by severe that it had been rapped around a tree
Nothin a bit of bog wont fix

As I said above the photo's make it look better and the damage is more visible when viewing the bus in real life.
Cadet Coach Captain

"Who the **** is Windy?"
2MSJ

Re: [Adel] 1313 Rosa Damage

Postby 2MSJ » Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:29 pm

gen man wrote:
Articulated Eddy wrote:1313 has some quite severe front end damage. The pictures actually do the bus a favour, and it looks worse in real life.

I really don't think this type of thread is appropriate in a public forum, and certainly not photos to prove it!!! This unnecessary thread only hampers our relations with bus operators, and something which should be avoided, and hopefully this thread is removed immediately. Let's hope these posts never appear on here again. As a moderator, I thought you'd know better by now, but obviously I was wrong. :o :shock: :oops: :cry: :evil: :roll:

Who are you to tell me what I can and can't post? The bus is running around in public, and ten times more people would see it on the road than on this forum.

Please enlighten me as to how it hampers our "relations" with bus operators?
Cadet Coach Captain

"Who the **** is Windy?"
2MSJ

Postby gen man » Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:42 pm

I'm just sorry you're not mature enough to realise the "damage" that idiots like you cause by posting this crap, but hopefully one day you might. And by the time you finally do, it wouldn't suprise me if the company involved refuses you access to their depots. Next time think before you post. Photos are fine, but definitely not those that highlight damage to vehicles.
need red GA:516, 517, 520, 521, 654 to 655, 662, 665, 668, 672, 676, 831.
AAT-Kings:
2014 - Year of Privatisation!
gen man

Favourite Vehicle: Leyland Worldmaster CRT2/1

Postby 2MSJ » Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:51 pm

gen man wrote:I'm just sorry you're not mature enough to realise the "damage" that idiots like you cause by posting this crap, but hopefully one day you might.

Please outline this "damage" I have caused

gen man wrote:And by the time you finally do, it wouldn't suprise me if the company involved refuses you access to their depots.

If you had done your research before you posted, you would know that depot security is very tight in Adelaide, and no members of the public are allowed access to depot's at any time(Apart from selected tours and even then alot of work is involved)

gen man wrote:Next time think before you post. Photos are fine, but definitely not those that highlight damage to vehicles.

Sorry, I haven't broken any board guidelines in my posts, nor any laws or company regulations. Your carrying on like you own this bus.
Cadet Coach Captain

"Who the **** is Windy?"
2MSJ

Postby ddec » Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:54 pm

Please enlighten me as to how it hampers our "relations" with bus operators?

These type of photographs are simply drawing attention to mishaps that occur in the industry.

There seems to be a bit of bad blood starting to appear between enthusiasts and bus operators around the country at the moment, how would highlighting accident damage like this be helpful for relations between the two groups.

Start using some common sense guys, no one likes being made a fool of. Bus Companies included.

Regards,
DDEC
ddec

Postby 2MSJ » Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:59 pm

Cadet Coach Captain

"Who the **** is Windy?"
2MSJ

Postby ddec » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:17 pm

They should have been removed.

Anyone posting photos of this nature are playing with fire.

I guess this is the reason why Bus Australia isn't held in a very high regard in the eyes of an increasing number of operators around the country.

Members here don't seem to know how to respect operators.

In the end, it will be a big loss to enthusiasts when we can't gain access to depots etc, because someone rubbed a company up the wrong way by showing up a mishap, or bad mouthing because something didn't meet up to the standard of an immature enthusiast.

Grow up Eddy, I thought you had a bit more common sense than what you are currently displaying.

Regards,
DDEC
ddec

Postby The Inspector » Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:45 am

I have to disagree with gen man and ddec, posting pics of damaged vehicles should couse no harm unless we start to go around making false claims about what happened to couse the incident.

The media both TV & papers show/ print pics of transport mishaps all the time and they have a much much larger audience than we do.

Posting a pic as Eddy has done is ok as he hast made a false claim about what happened or done anything wrong.

Unless the Admin team make a rule saying no pics of accident damaged vehicles then I cant see what the problem is.

The public have already seen the damage and some even witnessed the incidents so its not like we are telling people about a big secret.
Has AdMet CB80 fever
The Inspector

Favourite Vehicle: PMCSA Volvo B59

Postby Ben O » Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:31 am

gen man wrote:I'm just sorry you're not mature enough

One wonders why you must use the "your so immature" response to everything that "upsets" you. Maybe people would listen to you if you didn't have such an arrogant attitude.

The dents in that Rosa are pissweak! If the thing had the whole front taken off, then I'd have a problem with this post! But I wouldn't have even noticed the damage if it wasn't pointed out!

Hmmm, gotta love this forum though. Allways atleast one funny topic running at a time :twisted: :roll:
Ben O

Postby J1 Rasberrycoke (J1R) » Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:57 pm

why attack the person who posts this sort of photos? everyone i curious to see the vehicle after a minor mishap. There is no harm in it, how would a bus operator have any problems. I beleive that these topics are 100% on the condition that the damage was not caused by a member of the gunzell community and that only factual information is given. There is a good side also to posting these pictures... we now do not have to go and inspect the damage for our selves if we that kind of person, which i know that some people are, because we can see it here.

Just like Eddy said, there have been many worse topics created... Well they are nothing and there is nothing wrong with those topics... the worse topics are normally the ones of inside depots or even worse the ones that target induvidual drivers and security... now what do you think a Company would think as a worse case....
First ever passenger on J1 J1C 265 T217 RZ6 RZ8 N224 N122 521 522 173 E1 N206
Last ever passenger 112 124 T255 236 266 282 402 420
on first RZ5
on last 275
J1 Rasberrycoke (J1R)

Postby MAN 3668 » Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:23 pm

I have no problems with what Eddy has posted.

I witnessed the burning of STA MAN Midi 3678 last year, and so did a lot of other people. These things happen, and the public is often the first to see them - so what's the problem with putting these pics on the Board?

Eddy is not the one who needs to grow up here :roll:
MAN 3668

Postby 2MSJ » Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:34 pm

To keep all the whingers happy, I have ammended a comment I made, but the pictures will be staying, and I stand by everything I've said so far
Cadet Coach Captain

"Who the **** is Windy?"
2MSJ

Postby Windy » Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:11 pm

Another slow news week in Adelaide.
Windy

Postby Swift » Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:24 pm

There are a few "taxpayer rort" routes these Rosas should be put on here in Sydney.265,269,255,256 among many other unviable routes that the STA contineus to run here.
Maybe they could even use a sedan with a desto for a few of them.
Gee there are a few dictators on this board.Pull your head in Gen man and "that other one".
Beautiful beguiling Renk Doromat. Bringing visceral joy to driveline connoisseurs. 8)
Swift

Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Postby Ken » Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:27 pm

I don't have a problem with pics such as the ones posted in this thread by Eddy. A lot of us here an interest in such photographs. The posting of a photograph of an accident damaged or otherwise less than perfectly presented vehicle does not automatically imply any fault or blame on the company who operates the vehicle, nor for that matter the vehicle manufacturer or body builder. In this case either major panel beating work is required, or a replacement front panel would have to be ordered in (possibly imported) and then painted in the correct yellow colour before it could be fitted. In order to minimise the vehicle being off the road when there are no mechanical or safety faults simply inconveniences passengers and can cause cancellation of services. I'm sure the company who operates the bus in question would much prefer it to not be in service with the damaged front panel, but it could quite easily be the lesser of two evils.

@ gen man, you are not a moderator or administrator of this forum, so please do not tell people what they can and can't post. If you have concerns regarding anything being posted on this forum you know how to contact myself or any of the other administrators.

@ ddec, if there are any specific concerns any company has with any content being posted on Bus Australia I am always willing to hear from either you or them (confidentiality guaranteed) regarding the matter. Similar claims have been made in the past but unknown to the complainant I had direct access to management at one of the companies that 'had a problem' with Bus Aust - the claim was quickly disproven.

Being a forum accessed by many different users, obviously people can post comments about a vehicle/company that are either negative or positive. We encourage negative comments to be in the form of 'constructive criticism' rather than being derogatory. More than once particular users who appear to have a personal agenda against a company have been requested to not post comments of a negative manner (one user has even banned for repeatedly refusing to do so).

Certain types of photos would certainly be prohibited from being shown on this forum. These include (but are not limited to):
- Photos which would cause distress or damage to the reputation of any person/company/entity/etc.
- Photos which are obtained by the photographer trespassing or committing any other undesirable act in order to obtain the photo.
- Photos taken in depots or other premises where the photographer was asked not to photograph the vehicle, or not to publicly display the photograph.
- Photos posted solely with the intention of discrediting or damaging the reputation of any person/company/entity/etc.

In addition, certain messages in such threads may be removed where they involve, for example:
- being insensitive or otherwise inappropriate regarding any incident (e.g. where people/property have been injured or worse)
- unsubstantiated allegations as to the cause of any incident, especially when the allegation is directed toward a specific person/company/entity/etc. Please try and stick to the facts.

A comment Eddy made in this thread is quite apt in the case of the photos in this thread: "The bus is running around in public, and ten times more people would see it on the road than on this forum." If a local newspaper in the area happened to photograph the bus on the road and publish it, would the bus company then be sueing the newspaper? There would be no case to answer.

I'm happy to discuss this matter further if anyone has the desire to do so.
Ken

Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL200

Postby Leigh » Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:54 pm

1313 returned to service sometime yesterday after spending just over a week in the bodyshop. The end result looks great!

Leigh

Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL202 with a ZF

Postby 2MSJ » Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:00 pm

Top shot leigh. Saw 1313 about an hour ago and it looks great.

A coincidence it went into bodyshop not long after this topic was created? :wink:
Cadet Coach Captain

"Who the **** is Windy?"
2MSJ

Next

• Advertisement

Return to Australian Photos, Videos, Sound Clips etc - ARCHIVE